Thursday 25 September 2008

A Movie Fan's Travel Guide: Spain


Spain is the real place that amazes me in the filming industry. I seem to have an affiliation with a lot of Spanish works!


The Movie of note that comes from Spain is Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth earning 3 Oscars and nominations for yet another 3. This is perhaps what really put Spain in the brightness of the movie world!


After watching Pan's Labyrinth I proceded to watch all of Del Toro's movies, which all became favorites to me, and soon I decided to try out other Spanish film makers, like Baleguero (who makes some really scary horror movies) and Paco Plaza (who is also very good on horror, but has a slightly more fantastical slant to his movies). So I think in reality Spain is the master of the horror and Fantasy genre, but I'm not going to argue that point as I like a lot of other foreign horror!



There are a number of famous acting talents from Spain including Javier Bardem who has recieved acclaim from both Spanish and Enlish speaking roles including his recent: No Country for Old Men.


Another great acting talent from Spain I'd like to draw your attention to Ivana Baquero (Ofelia from Pan's Labyrinth), she has recieved much acclaim from acting in Pan's Labyrinth, and is now just finishing off her first English language role, so expect to see her more often in cinenas over here.


It almost seems as if to be a really successful actor you will have to learn english, but perhaps in the future this will change!

No comments:

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising