I mentioned at the beginning of the month that I had moved over to Blu-ray, so just a bit of an update on what I think:
I'm personally very pleased with Blu-ray, the quality is much better, but I wouldn't call it a completely necessary upgrade. Blu-ray is the perfect upgrade for anyone that is CRAZY about movies, but for anyone else, DVD can perform just as well for most movies. In reality most movies don't need the extra speeds that Blu-ray has to offer, being made to be compatible with DVD they tend to make thing optimised for DVD!
- But there are a few points in which Blu-ray excels:
- The initial impression of the movies that I hadn't previously watched have been very good, though it may be just that the movies they pick to go onto Blu-ray are just the better movies...
- Action works really well on Blu-ray as the lens is said to be 4 times faster
- There seems to be more colours on Blu-ray
- This may seem only a little change, but with High Definition it is much easier to see the eyes, which it reality adds another eliment to the movie, as the eyes tell so much about what someone is thinking!
So try to hold off from Blu-ray as long as you can, but if you can't wait, go ahead and buy it, and enjoy it!