Thursday 2 October 2008

1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992)


I thought I'd review this movie as my readers may be interested to know that it is directed by Ridley Scott (Gladiator).


1492: Conquest of Paradise is a "Sword and Sandals" epic bursting with promises which are ultimately fulfilled in Gladiator. Any Scott fan will be proud to rank this as one of their favorite movies!

GĂ©rard Depardieu acts wonderfully as Christopher Columbus who's ideas of a wonderful civilization goes awefully wrong.


I enjoyed the movie, although the plotline is somewhat lacking in comparison to Gladiator and The Kingdom of Heaven, though nevertheless the backbone storyline will be found very interesting and exciting!


So if you're in for a lot of action and a bit of history to go with it... you've got your movie for the night!


A good movie must never lie forgottten and undiscovered!


(If you haven't watched Gladiator or Kingdom of Heaven, they'd be a better watch to start with, I am merely reviewing this movie as a Ridley Scott fan)


Movie Rating 8.5/10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1492: Conquest of Paradise is a very overlooked and under appreciated movie. I hope Ridley Scott revisits this one someday like all his other movies.

Mbuckingham said...

Yeah that's what I thought, it's certainly bursting with the promises of Gladiator!

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising