Wednesday 6 August 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army


HELLBOY 2


I went to see Hellboy 2 last night, I left the cinema feeling as happy as anyone ever could be! I have been waiting all year for this film to come out, and it certainly didn't disappoint me!


We start the story with all our favorite characters from the first film... and lot's of great new characters! If you like characters, you won't be disappointed by Hellboy 2.


The story takes-off with a beautiful narration by John Hurt which truly sets the tone for the whole film.


The films sets out with a great start! wonderful fights and beautiful choreography, which will bring a sense of excitement over you, then there will be a turning point, where Del Toro will play on all your senses at once... then the story really starts!


Beautiful paintings of Love, Betrayal, and Hard Choices along with Sacrifice, as only Del Toro Knows how to do.


I can hardly do justice in reviewing this film, but I shall endeavor to bring parts out in future reviews.




There are some really funny bits, great expletives in Hellboy's own fashion, but yet we come to that great part where one has to make a choice between love or loyalty!


Wonderful score by Danny Elfman, some really funny songs too!


A worthy sequel to the first Hellboy!


For those of you not at all interested in the first film: this one takes on a totally different look on Hellboy and can work as a stand-alone film... that means you don't have to have watched the fist film to love the second!


Well that's enough for one review, but look out for more upcoming Hellboy reviews!


Movie Rating: 10/10

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

my god ur banner is so 90's i think my balls just went up again.
lv jon the big yaris driving gay bob.

Anonymous said...

i heard hell boy dies in the 3rd one

Anonymous said...

This is fucking bullshit - hellboy is a fucking kids movie. Fuck off.

Anonymous said...

i loved hell boy. so much infact that i'm going back tonight; the drama; the make up.... it was epic.
hellboy ftw! i think its just amazing and del toro is a directing god. you're all jealous.
also you don't understand the subtleties of the movie, the glint in the eye, how the wind moves his hair and so forth. in fact the gentle male bonding theme that runs throughout the entirity of the movie is one of the best since brokeback mountain.. my favorite movie ever.... Heath ftw... no wait that fucking faggot died.

Anonymous said...

HELL BOY LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU EVER ALL WILL. LEAVE HELL BOY ALONE!!

Anonymous said...

Wow 10/10... I'd be careful with giving those out Shakka... even the best reviewers never give out a 10!

But I will be going to see this film, so i'll let you know what I think.

Mbuckingham said...

"even the best reviewers" am I not the best? Patrick I believe that there should only ever be ten 10/10s, this gets one of them!

and Anonymous, you obviously haven't seen this film yet, so please keep ur random views to urself for now! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Am i right in understaning the rating system as meaning 10/10 is obviously the greatest film ever made!?

So that means Hellboy 2 is one of the GREATEST films of ALL TIME???

No way, your system should be a % instead, much more scope instead of this flawed rating!!!

I mean films such as the shining, star wars, psycho, casablanca never even got 10/10 i bet!

Mental

Mbuckingham said...

hey come on Simon, why do I do rating out of 10? there must be a 10 for future films to live up to right?

there must always be a 10 and a 0...

and as I previously said, there must never be more than about 10 10s at any one time! my ratings are not flawed, I just choose to rate the best films sooner!

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising