Wednesday 19 November 2008

Gommorah

Gomorrah was the proud winner of the Cannes Film Festival this year, though I wasn't all too keen on what I saw...
The movie on the whole tended to remind me of City of God, but seemed to have lost the original charm... but perhaps you might have a better experience with it. From other reviewers it has been called a modern classic, and such like phrases, so I'm presuming something got lost on me somewhere during the movie.
Storyline: 2 Stars
The movie follows a similar story structure to the great movies like Amores Perros and 21 Grams, but seemed too samey for my liking.
Ease of viewing may be lost due to it being a subtitled movie, and people with problems in that area would do well to steer clear of this.
Visuals: 2 Stars
Visuals are basic but bearing in mind that it's a low budget production, it was extremely well filmed.
Conclusion
I am not going to recommend this movie, but seeing that I tend to be the only reviewer giving it a bad review, it may well be worth the viewing time... but anyway I'd love to hear what you think.
Please comment below!

No comments:

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising