Friday 30 January 2009

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans





I enjoyed this movie a lot more than The Wrestler, but my star ratings are purely based on the artistic value, so thus it gets only 3 stars... but I'm much more likely to recommend this that a lot of other movies that I have reviewed on this blog...
Personally, I really love Vampire movies, so this one was quite a hit for me... hope you enjoy it just as much as I did!


Synopsis

The prequel story traces the origins of the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires and their onetime slaves, the Lycans. In the Dark Ages, a young Lycan named Lucian emerges as a powerful leader who rallies the werewolves to rise up against Viktor, the cruel vampire king who has enslaved them. Lucian is joined by his secret lover, Sonja, in his battle against the Vampire army and his struggle for Lycan freedom


Source: IMDb



Fantasy Take
I'm sure any Fantasy fan would love this movie immensely, they've created a wonderful kingdom coupled with some excellent graphics, with a proper fairy-tale style storyline, what can go wrong?



Storyline: 3 Stars



Alright, the story's not the best in the world, but it certainly kept my attention throughout the duration of the movie!


Music: 3 Stars




Relatively good music, as could be expected from it's type of movie... I've often thought of fantasy movies of giving a bit more room to the composer than other genres do...



Acting: 2 Stars

I must say, I was slightly disappointed with the quality of acting as a whole, but for the most part it doesn't really matter when you've got loads on make-up and wearing loads of costumes...
Graphics: 4 Stars
Absolutely beautiful graphics, well done folks!


Emotions: 3 Stars


It certainly had it's emotional parts, but I wouldn't have said that that was the main part of the movie...


Conclusion


Well, I certainly enjoyed it, and I would certainly recommend it to any fantasy fans out there. And to everyone else: go ahead and give it a try, you'll be amazed at some of the scenery!


No comments:

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising