Tuesday 13 January 2009

Defiance




After watching director Edward Zwick's previous movies: The Last Samurai and Blood Diamond, I'm sure you will understand that I had quite a lot of hope for this movie... and I'm pleased to announce that I was not in the slightest bit disappointed!


Synopsis


Three Jewish brothers escape from Nazi-occupied Poland into the Belarussian forest, where they join Russian resistance fighters and endeavor to build a village in order to protect themselves and others in danger.
Source: IMDb


Starring: Daniel Craig, Liev Schreiber, and Jamie Bell. Directed by: Edward Zwick


Historical Take


There's certainly loads of history behind this movie, based upon a true story, and I feel like I've learned a bit more about WW2 history. Though I am certainly no historian, so I can't really tell you how accurately the events are portrayed in this movie!


Storyline: 5 Stars


Wow, it's certainly a wonderful story: Bravery, love, hate, and a defiance to the bitter end... seriously you have to watch it to understand what I mean! Take in on my recommendation!


Graphics: 3 Stars


The visuals are just perfectly suited to the type of movie... nothing overboard, though I wasn't too keen on a few of the overall coloring schemes, though I'm sure we will be able to overlook that!


Acting: 3 Stars


Daniel Craig played his part really well, and all the supporting cast seem to fit in seemlessly... No outstanding performances though...

Emotions: 4 Stars


You can really connect to this story, beutifully told. The fact that it's based upon a true story certainly makes it much more emtional, as we know that those things actually did happen.


Conclusion


Excellent story told the way that only Zwick can. I loved the movie and will certainly recommend it to all my readers here!


No comments:

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising