Monday 2 March 2009

Franklyn




REALLY weird, I didn't have a clue what was happening throughout this movie... I just put it down to another Brittish mess-up....


Synopsis


Preest is a masked vigilante detective, searching for his nemesis on the streets of Meanwhile City, a monolithic fantasy metropolis ruthlessly governed by faith and religious fervor. Esser is a broken man, searching for his wayward son amongst the rough streets of London's homeless. Milo is a heartbroken thirty-something desperately trying to find a way back to the purity of first love. Emilia is a beautiful art student; her suicidal art projects are becoming increasingly more complex and deadly.
Source: ~IMDb

Starring: Eva Green, Ryan Phillippe, Sam Riley, and Bernard Hill. Directed by: Gerald McMorrow


Fantasy Take


It's weird, and yes, that is part of the fantasy genre, but I think it's way too weird... The city of Meanwhile looks really cool though as a fantasy town!


Storyline: 1 Stars


Seriously, I didn't have a clue what was happing in this movie... it was all like giberish to me...


Graphics: 4 Stars


I must admit I was suprised at the quality of the graphics, which was the original reason why I watched this movie after viewing a magnificent trailer.
I think the graphics is really the movies redeeming point...


Acting: 2 Stars


I must say I was rather disappointed by Bernard Hill's acting in this movie, although Eva Green's performance made up for it in my opinion!


Music: 3 Stars


The music was rather exciting in parts, though not at all a masterpiece...


Conclusion


What a bunch of nonsense... but pretty nice graphics anyway... needless to say, I'm not going to recommend this movie...






No comments:

Targetted Ads

Free Advertising